More than ever before, robust formulations of active substances are the key to optimizing profit margins in today’s competitive environment. With our self-developed and self-manufactured transdermal patches, you can not only expand your product range but also improve it by adding more user-oriented options. This flexible delivery method can be used for active substances with low oral bioavailability. The drug is applied in a uniform manner and the dose can be varied directly via the patch size.
Chronic conditions are frequently treated using traditional dosage forms, such as tablets. However, these can often produce adverse drug reactions due to plasma concentration peaks, making it necessary to change or suspend the treatment plan. With our transdermal technology, the active substance is delivered continuously through the skin. This administration route bypasses the gastrointestinal tract and generally improves compliance with treatment by reducing the application frequency. What’s more, this reliable and well-tolerated dosage form can significantly improve the patient’s quality of life.
- Easy and painless application
- Safe and accurate dosage
- Easy interruption of drug delivery by removing patch
- Bypasses gastrointestinal tract and improves side-effect profile by avoiding plasma concentration peaks
- Controlled drug release over a period of up to one week
- Reduced application frequency thanks to continuous drug delivery over extended period
- No first-pass effect
- Ideal for patients with dysphagia
- Easier treatment of care-dependent patients